Get it fixed quick with our 24/7 emergency flood restoration service! Call us any time on 0412 869 924
The longer you leave the carpet wet the greater the chance there is of mould and bacteria forming. If left untreated the carpet won’t only smell terrible, but it can also be a serious health hazard. There are many types of mould in our envronment, but most are harmless. However, the mould which usually forms on wet carpet is toxic black mould.
Water Damage Restoration
Every water damage situation to floors and carpets is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same.
The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” water damage emergency.
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Damage Assessment
- Water Removal/Water Extraction
- Drying and Dehumidification
- Cleaning and Sanitizing
The water damage restoration process begins with a detailed inspection of your property, including a damage assessment.
Our professional then determines the scope of the damage so they can develop an appropriate plan of action.
Types of water damage: Dampness
Types of water damage: Really Damp
Types of water damage: Flooding
Types of water damage: Damaged Floors
The Water Damage Restoration Process
At Adelaide Carpet Fresh, the water damage restoration process begins with a detailed inspection of your property.
This includes our thorough damage assessment.
Our assessor will determine the scope of the damage so they can develop an appropriate plan of action.
Identify the water source
We will check for the source of water in your home and business.
Once the water source has been stopped, the drying process can begin.
Identify the type of water
One of our first challenges is to identify the category and classification of water so we can restore your property safely to industry specifications.
The type of water contamination will affect the specific restoration processes used to restore your property. These are:
- Clean water
- Gray water
- Black water
We survey the extent of the damage
Once on site, we will inspect and test your home to discover the extent of the damage.
Additionally, we will look for safety concerns and explain them to you.
If you are aware of any safety issues, such as asbestos or lead, please share them with our team so we may take appropriate action.
Move or block furniture
Another part of our process includes moving furniture and property contents and inserting foam blocks under furniture legs to help prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet.
This is part of our methodology of not just trying to isolate and remove the cause of the issue, but to also minimise any further damage that might be likely.
Conduct our thorough water damage restoration services
One of the most obvious things we do is dry your carpets to attempt to rescue and restore your floorings.
As part of our emergency response water removal, we will dry your sub-floor and other affected structural components to the Australian standard, so that you can arrange reinstallation of carpet with confidence (as needed).
We will work closely with you through this process to advise whether we believe damaged items should or could be repaired or replaced.
Some symptoms of black mould poisoning are:
- Development of rashes and hives on skin
- Memory loss
- In some cases, people experience bleeding in lungs
- Allergic reactions (such as itching of nose, runny nose etc.) of respiratory and/or nervous system etc
- Irregularity in blood pressure
- Damaged digestion and respiratory system
- Infections of urinary track, problems in urination etc.
- Pain in liver and other internal organs
- High level or prolonged exposure to mold can lead to infertility in the patient
The key to preventing mould growth is to clean up and dry out the house or office as quickly as possible – drying needs to start within 24 to 48 hours.
Before we arrive we recommend that you:
- Remove personal effects from affected areas, if desired.
- While most people take everything off the carpet prior to our arrival, we’re happy to move the furniture ourselves as part of our service..
- Turn off circuit breaker to water affected areas and unplug and remove any small electric devices from the wet carpet.
- Prevent metal and stained-wood furniture legs from staining the wet carpet by placing plastic or aluminium foil under the legs.
- Pin up curtains to keep them away from the wet floor.