As Adelaide’s water damage restoration specialists, we are ready to leap into action with our expert assessments and processes. Now servicing Adelaide Metro and Country SA (within 300km of Adelaide).
Contact us now on 1300 685 995
Welcome to Adelaide’s water damage restoration specialists
Shower areas, vanities, water filter taps, and other plumbed areas within homes and offices are prone to seeping or more aggressive leaking over time. From burst pipes to storm damage, call Adelaide Carpet Fresh to investigate and repair.
Few smells are more debilitating than musty or mouldy carpets. Apart from a potent cocktail of aroma, you face the risk of exposure to black mould poisoning or allergens, which can aggravate asthma and other respiratory conditions.
Our experienced team has the equipment and the know how to inspect your walls and floors as part of our water restoration process. Moisture trapped in these areas can lead to hazardous mould growth if not found and dealt with promptly.
What to do when water damage occurs
- Damage from water and bacteria growth can begin within hours. Call Adelaide Carpet Fresh ASAP for professional help.
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove wet area rugs or other floor coverings not permanently attached. Do not attempt to start removing wall-to-wall carpet
- Lift curtains off the floor, loop through a coat hanger and place the hanger on the drapery rod
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying and place aluminium foil under furniture legs
- Move photos, painting and art objects to a safe, dry location
- Keep books on shelves and open drawers, closets and cabinet doors to enhance drying.
What NOT to do after water damage
- Do not enter a room with standing water until electricity has been turned off
- Do not use a regular household vacuum to remove water
- Do not lift tacked-down carpet without professional help
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring
- Do not disturb visible mold
- Do not remove books from shelves
- Do not call Adelaide Carpet Fresh (in other words, contact Adelaide Carpet Fresh ASAP)